Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Production Planner in Catawba, NC
Under limited supervision is responsible for leading and executing planning development strategies for assigned region. Train, evaluate, and certify planners to meet established standards. Develop training plans for specific planners in coordination with local Site Director, Operations Management and Global Planning. Support local planning needs as required to ensure global commitments are met based on the capacity plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute training activities and events in coordination with the CommScope Supply Chain Institute within the assigned region in various formats – classroom, one-on-one, web conferencing, telephone, etc.
- Train individual planners on concepts, tools, and best practices to insure the planner can demonstrate a fully competent working knowledge of the planning process. Training will range from basics training for newly hired planners to advanced concepts/processes and specialized / reinforcement training for experienced planners.
- Certify individual planners using a standard, structured set of criteria on a regular basis to insure concepts, tools, and best practices are understood and being utilized. This consists of evaluating individual planner aptitude and determining relevant action plans.
- Assist Site Director, Operations Managers and Global Planners in the development of planners through identifying gaps in competencies, developing personalized training action plans, executing those plans, and providing feedback to all parties.
- Develop and modify documentation and other tools necessary to improve training experience and enhance performance.
- Perform local planning responsibilities as needed for responsible area, including developing daily/weekly production schedules, processing MRP regularly, promising orders/quotations, replenishing materials, optimizing inventories, and communicating with various functional areas to ensure global commitments are met based on capacity plan.
Related Education and Experience
Bachelors in related in curriculum preferred with 5-8 years related experience
Associates in related curriculum with 7-10 years related experience
- Ideally eight (8) years of production/material planning experience or other work equivalency in a manufacturing/production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Operational Management or related line of study required
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control) certification preferred. CPIM (Certified Production and Inventory Management) and CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) certifications are desirable
- Able to work flexible hours and travel internationally
- Ability to communicate in local language(s) in addition to English required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and influence personnel of various levels and disciplines
- Self starter, high level of personal accountability, and innovative individual
- Knowledge of production control systems, specifically SAP required
- Strong PC skills required (MS Office).
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.