Key responsibilities will be implementation and development of production planning / scheduling for all plant manufacturing process. Directly communicates and directs daily requirements for day to day operations related to schedule production deliveries related to meeting customer OTD to ensure maximum labor efficiencies in all areas. Role will also be critical to ensure accurate inventory control in the plant is proactively and thoroughly documented. Individual must be highly versatile, energetic, problem solving individual. A strong candidate will have excellent skills in the areas of: communication (both written and verbal), organization (physical and electronic), collaboration and interpersonal interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, maintain, communicate and drive schedule to ensure on time delivery.
- Develops and maintains inventory database or tracking for all materials within facility.
- Manage and clearly communicate daily schedule in order to maintain a dynamic accurate schedule.
- Coordinate the schedule, plan, and initial staging of material/kits to all necessary areas of production.
- Communicate and coordinate upcoming work center load (capacity planning) to provide visibility to facility.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics to maximize efficiency in inventory at the facility.
- Identify and communicate constraints in the production flow and work with area managers and supervisors to discuss possible solutions.
- Interface and communicate with internal customers for potential impact or delays in the schedule.
- Management of WO Instance from creation to completion.
- Tracking and closure of all outstanding orders. (In all business systems.)
- Ensures procurement of any parts missing or adjusted out of inventory during physical and cycle counts.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, or price.
- Updating estimated WIP to ensure inventory material flow process maintains required level.
- Expedite necessary orders through the plant ensuring all raw materials are ordered as needed.
- Capable of collaborative interactions with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and/or management.
- Familiar with JIT production scheduling and requirements.
- Supervises and directs material handlers.
- Must use discretion and independent judgment in decision making.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or plant manager
- BS degree in business or related field with purchasing, inventory control or supply chain management or six years related Manufacturing experience in inventory control, buying or scheduling.
- Minimum of 5 years scheduling / inventory operations management experience
- Familiarity with MS Office software including MS Project
- Three or more years of experience using MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in high tempo production environments, high energy, and high growth dynamic environment
- Possess strong knowledge of raw materials, production processes, BOM, and other techniques for effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to apply knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, to necessary operations
- Ability to extract and compile a range of data from written sources, individuals, or multiple work orders
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
- Experience working with inventory and or database systems.
- Experience using and managing ERP/MRP systems