Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments located in Newton, NC has an employment opportunity for a Material Handler.Sarstedt, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package with this position.
This position is available on 3rd shift. Hours are 10:00pm to 6:00am.
Ensures that production machines are supplied with raw materials and product required to maintain a smooth flow at the work cells.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supplying production machines and work cells with required types of raw and packaging materials.
- Maintains tracking barcode label on transport bins and transports finished bins to designated areas.
- Tracks and records component lot number changes to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Performs cleaning and calibration responsibilities and records performed tasks on corresponding documentation.
- Operates forklift or pallet jack to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Completes mixing order in material bins.
- Contributes to keeping the receiving and warehouse areas clean and organized.
- Completes administrative duties such as data entry, resolving minor issues, and making cardboard or plastic bales.
- Works according to safety regulations at all times and reports unsafe conditions immediately.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability requires. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of Inventory software / AS400 programs a plus
- Ability to obtain Forklift license and operate a motorized forklift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify