Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Materials Planner in Greensboro, NC
The Production Planner is responsible for effective management and coordination of the planning function for assigned customers and product. Works closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Material/Inventory Control, and Buyers to ensure customer delivery and quality requirements are achieved. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the sourcing of raw materials/components into CommScope in support of assigned production lines, and to support the production of finished goods for those same products. Ordering, expediting, and de-expediting of raw materials to support the plant production schedule and customer service while optimizing inventory levels.
- Produces production schedules for product lines, initiates work orders, and establishes priorities for specific customer orders.
- Revises schedule daily according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of labor, parts, materials, machines, and equipment.
- Understands manufacturing capabilities and capacities within production.
- Understands, develops and communicates with Production Supervisor and Value Stream Managers the capacity plans for all work centers within SAP
- Responsible for production work orders, cradle to grave.
- Serves as an effective conduit for information sharing among all of the functional segments of the organization for capacity requirements and material needs.
- Utilizes system reports, other inputs including experience and judgment to meet production requirements and maximize production on time performance.
- Fulfills sales orders for product deliveries.
- Tracks new product and ensures BOMs, Routings, and Packaging requirements have been defined by Engineering upon release of Sales orders in SAP.
- Evaluate material requirements based on system generated MRP and requisition materials accordingly.
- Reviews materials and ensures with buyers that all material will be delivered to meet the production schedule.
- Maintains and monitors system planning parameters per established processes, including recommending improvements for process enhancement. (Scheduling parameters defined within SAP.)
- Adjust promise ship and delivery dates to meet or exceed contract dates. Communicate any issues that may effect on time performance.
- Implement and monitor change management orders (CMOs)
- Develop Master Production Scheduling and Forecast plans for production.
- Expedite and de-expedite raw materials to support and maintain a flexible production schedule while communicating with Business Units and support departments to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Monitor raw and packaging inventory to achieve continuous improvement in inventory optimization. Maintain and utilize inventory models.
- Interface with Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Suppliers, R&D and Logistics.
- Maintain factory orders and internal KPI’s.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- HS Diploma with at least 8 years of related experience or Associates Degree with 5 years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Communicates professionally and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to solve problems resulting from the complex nature of items produced and purchased, with limited assistance.
- Experience with MS Office (specifically MS Excel) and ERP/MRP is required
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- APICS certification a plus.
- JIT/LEAN is preferred
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.