This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift). This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday- Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm. Listed below are the Responsibilities and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
- Analyze and repair problems on machinery and equipment.
- Utilize various tools to repair equipment or build new products used in production.
- Use cutting torch and welders.
- Operate forklift
- Work with others
- Pressroom equipment a plus but not required.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Ability to perform Preventive Maintenance
- Cutting and welding machinery
- Some electrical knowledge
- Aerial lift certification required
- Click or tap here to enter text. Maintain equipment within the maintenance department
- Use safety guidelines in operating all equipment in maintenance and in the plants.
- Help to keep the maintenance shop area as clean as possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.