This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Line Technician (Assembly) 2nd Shift. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday- Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm. Listed below are the Responsibilities and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Hang unpainted product on paint line. Weight of product varies from ½ lbs. to 45 lbs. without assistance and up to 75 lbs. with assistance.
- Quality inspections and completion of quality records where required.
- Differentiate between types of components to prevent mixing of products.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Identify changes in paint texture or color indicating potential quality issues.
- Identify and paint areas needing touched up using manual spray gun.
- Perform minor upkeep of paint guns on daily basis to maintain their performance.
- Remove painted product from the line and stack into containers as directed by lead or supervisor. Weight of the product varies from ½ lbs. to 45 lbs. without assistance and 75 lbs. with assistance.
- Install mounting brackets using impact wrench.
- Blow moisture out of product using manual air gun.
- Band product on pallets using electric banding gun.
- Attach tags as directed by forklift operator, lead person or supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to stand, bend at waist, stretch or reach, walk, and twist frequently.
- Ability to visually differentiate types of components to prevent mixing of products.
- Ability to identify visual changes to paint appearance and color.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 45 lbs. without assistance and up to 75 lbs. with assistance to hang product or remove painted product.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.