Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Immigration Language THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED AS A RESULT OF AN APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION FOR THE POSITION OF APPLICATIONS ENGINEER. ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO THE NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER OFFICE AND/OR CERTIFYING OFFICER OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR: U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration Harris Tower 233 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 410 Atlanta, GA 30303
Maintains, inspects, repairs, moves, and/or installs production machinery and equipment in accordance with instructions, equipment manuals, etc. Collaborate with maintenance supervisor for highly visible projects and skilled technical issues in the warehouse and production environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance on production equipment by following the manufacturer's recommended service intervals and internal equipment reliability experience.
- Inspects the condition and operation of production equipment and perform necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Move or install machinery in accordance with facility requirements, engineering plans and specifications.
- Disassembles and repairs production equipment by replacing worn or broken parts, including bearings, rollers, motors, controls, etc.
- As needed for installation or repair, perform oxygen argon cutting, plasma cutting, welding, pipefitting, including threading, sweating, and PVC connections.
- Follow established management procedures for proper handling of hazardous waste - requisite introductory and continuing training provided.
- Works from verbal instructions, diagrams, sketches and equipment manuals to troubleshoot, do minor tear down of equipment, and/or repair defective parts.
- Performs routine maintenance procedures and routine maintenance of production and facilities equipment. Uses volt/ohm meter, amp meter, welder, cutting torch and conventional hand tools. Conducts preventative maintenance checks.
- In collaboration with Manager, EHS and/or Maintenance Supervisor, will handle factory hazardous waste in a proper manner to comply with regulations of city and state. Clean up chemical spills as required.
- Provides leadership and/or guidance to less experienced mechanics on more complex or heavier assignments.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- HSD or GED preferred with formal education / technical training in the field related to building maintenance through a recognized trade union or school.
- One (1) year specialized training or two (2) years industrial experience.
- Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing and power transmissions.
- Proficient in the operation of hand and power tools with experience using shop equipment such as drill presses etc.
- Forty (40) hours of hazardous waste handing experience preferred.
- Must be able to read measuring devices and levels.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Required to troubleshoot machine problems including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Required to troubleshoot electrical motors, servo motors and PLC controls.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort working with average weight some of which is performed in a cramped position.
- Must work at ceiling heights from ladders and lifts.
- Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Installs heavy machinery which may require lifting, kneeling, crouching and pulling.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.