Reporting to the Plant Supervisor, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician will perform highly diversified duties
to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive
and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals. The
primary objective is to ensure machinery is in top working condition and that parts are readily available when
needed to support production schedules in Assembly and Coiling. Overseeing preventative maintenance
program, providing guidance on cost associated with plant repairs and maintenance, troubleshooting equipment
to maximize equipment efficiencies and maximize uptime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plants facility’s
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs
scheduled maintenance repairs during machine service.
• Perform set up when required and simple machinist duties and responsibilities for the plant.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but no limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and
troubleshooting / repair of production machinery.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments as required.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electrical meters and material handling equipment in performing
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual operations to proper
• Comply with all HSM safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years related experience and/or training.
• Prior experience with Servomechanisms and Electronic Controls is necessary.
• Understanding of maintenance methodology and tools to include traceability for reporting and data
• Must have a patient demeanor but timely response during production cycles.
• Must have strong, demonstrated technical skills and experience, including electrical and mechanical skills.
• Ability to read engineering documents including facility layouts, electrical diagrams, machine and customer
• Must have good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects
simultaneously, and meet deadlines
• Professional verbal and written communication skills essential