HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Maintenance Mechanic II position at our Hickory Bedding location in Hickory, NC. This is a weekend day shift position (Friday-Sunday 6:00am - 6:00 pm) Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, modify, and repair machines or equipment within the facility.
- Set-up and repair broken parts, frames along with performing plumbing, welding, and mechanical repairs throughout the facility.
- Work on plant projects including project planning, setting up a time line, and associated cost.
- Maintain inventory of parts, materials, and supplies required to make repairs to production equipment.
- Perform PM inspections on equipment.
- Inspects and analyzes operations or malfunctions of electronic equipment and controls such as controllers, timers, and recorders. Uses required analytical instruments such as oscilloscopes and flow-meters to test, adjust, repair, and replace fuses, resistors, switches, and other electrical parts. Works from both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Work with others
- Maintain equipment within the maintenance department
- Use safety guidelines in operating all equipment in maintenance and in the plants.
- Help to keep the maintenance shop area as clean as possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have good reading and math skills.
- Must have strong mechanical background with proven skills in reading schematics, PLC, and blueprints.
- Must be able to work overtime if needed.
- Must be a self-starter with high decision making and problem solving skills in a production environment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot PLC’s and drives.
- Must be able to write and install programs on production equipment.
- Must be able to stand, bend at waist, stretch or reach, walk, and twist frequently.
- Must have the ability to lift or pull and apply up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measures, drill press, welders, grinders, torches, and general maintenance tool, etc.