HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Maintenance Mechanic II position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday –3:30pm-11:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze and repair equipment problems involving mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other power sources.
- Ability to analyze basic electrical problems involving PLCs, motion control devices, sensors, and other items.
- Assist engineering functions with process improvements and advanced troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and /or understand blueprints, schematics and standard metric measurements.
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance lists, work orders and inventory of repair parts.
- Transport parts using forklift. Produce metal parts for machine and equipment repairs.
- Ability to set-up mills and lathes and use testing equipment.
- Ability to heat treat parts. Weld parts.
- Maintain a clean and organized area. Assist in maintaining inventory of parts.
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have good reading and math skills.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measures, drill press, welders, grinders, torches, and general maintenance tool, etc.
- Must be able to work and communicate well in a team environment
- Must be able to work overtime if needed
- Some heavy lifting required
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must have experience in electrical, control wiring, drives, and PLC.
- Electrical license preferred, but strong electrical background required.
- Welding and fabricating experience required
- Strong mechanical background, with proven skills in reading schematics, PLC, and blueprints.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Must be able to work in hot/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.