Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Test Technician in Claremont, NC
This position is accountable to provide manufacturing support. Goals are to fabricate, continually improve controls for factory production equipment to make a better product, to reduce downtime, to reduce scrap, and to improve employee and facility safety.
- Collaborate with department engineers, Process engineers, Operators and Supervisors.
- Assist department engineers with equipment modifications as well as programming changes.
- Provide support for commissioning and troubleshooting of test sets and control systems.
- Communicate with manufacturing to review production problem areas, special projects, and other items needing attention and follow-up.
- High School Diploma or Technical School with 2+ years of related job experience
- Ability to work with low voltage systems
- Ability to use various measurment systems. (Volt Meter, Oscilloscope, Current Meters and Meggers)
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to read schematics.
- English language skills.
Desired Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Associate Degree in technical discipline or Related Job Experience.
- Working knowledge of electronics and programming
- ‘Automation and controls Experience
- Work experience in programming – VB, C#, Scripting languages desired
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.