Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We have an opportunity to join our team at our Claremont Facility
Seeking a NIGHT SHIFT TECHNICIAN (6pm - 6am) on a 4x4 schedule
Monitor the manufacturing process to ensure quality products are produced with minimum scrap. Identify and respond to process problems involving machinery, equipment, and raw materials. Communicate with previous shift to review problem areas. Take corrective action on any production line producing poor quality or scrap cable by shutdown, adjustment, engineering assistance, or maintenance work orders. Document work by keeping logs and writing end of cycle reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the manufacturing process to insure quality products are being produced with minimum scrap levels.
- Respond, identify, and resolve manufacturing process problems involving production machinery, monitoring equipment and raw materials.
- Assist product engineering during production runs of new product development and in evaluating new raw materials and substitutes.
- Communicate with previous shift technicians to review production problem areas, special projects, and other items needing attention and follow-up.
- Take corrective action on any production line producing unacceptable quality or scrap by either shutdown, adjustment, obtaining engineering assistance, or initiating maintenance work orders.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with manufacturing employees, production supervision, and quality control supervision.
- Assist Equipment Engineering personnel in evaluating existing equipment improvements and new process equipment specifications.
- Document work with technical reports, lab notebooks, etc.
- Provide technical feedback during DFX stage.
- Provide daily support to manufacturing NPI transfer team/Product Engineers on the introduction of new projects into NPI line.
- Follow Engineering build at Agrate site and summarize its status sharing eventual critical items. Support Post Build report discussion for Alpha phases.
- Control and monitor production process implementation as per Commscope documentation and highlight possible discrepancies.
- Interfaces with other company departments (Quality, Reliability, R&D, Planning) as reference of the technical status of a specific product.
- Release product documentation
- Define the actual engineering building time (routing)
- Support production plant during NPI phase.
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years experience with extrusion process
- Demonstrated Experience troubleshooting and running multiple lines at a time
- Strong analytical skills and team player
- Associates Degree
- Experience with Fiber Optic Process
- Experience testing
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.