HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Maintenance Electrician position. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Perform general electrical maintenance on the physical structure
- Plan, construct, install, and repair electrical wiring in the plant.
- Responsible for testing new, modified, or repaired equipment prior to turning over to production. Assures that installations and repairs are consistent with standards established by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Inspects and analyzes operations or malfunctions of electronic equipment and controls such as controllers, timers, and recorders. Uses required analytical instruments such as oscilloscopes and flow-meters to test, adjust, repair, and replace fuses, resistors, switches, and other electrical parts. Works from both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Makes oral or written reports as requested by supervision concerning inspections, adjustments, and repairs.
- Tests machinery and equipment as necessary, at intervals and upon completion of all jobs to ensure proper operation.
- Reports all program changes and machine modifications to the plant engineering department. Assist with maintaining accurate wiring diagrams, control diagrams, and documentation of control programs and other required documentation.
- Run conduit and wiring throughout the plant as needed.
- Determine corrective action to machinery based on observation of machinery and discussion with appropriate personnel.
- Weld as needed
- Operate forklift as needed.
- Work with others
- Maintain equipment within the maintenance department
- Use safety guidelines in operating all equipment in maintenance and in the plants.
- Help to keep the maintenance shop area as clean as possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have 3-5 years of maintenance electrician experience; Extrusion Experience is preferred, but not required; An Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
- Must have industrial knowledge working with single and three phase electric circuits.
- Must have experience with PLC’s and drives in an industrial environment.
- Must be a self-starter with high decision making and problem solving skills in a production environment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot PLC’s and drives.
- Must be able to write and install programs on production equipment.
- Must be able to stand, bend at waist, stretch or reach, walk, and twist frequently.
- Must have the ability to lift or pull and apply up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work from heights.