This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As an Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Technician in our Claremont, NC facility you will assist in the operation of EHS programs and procedures at the facility in order to maintain compliance with OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations. In this role, you’ll be encouraged to think outside the box to create a safe work environment for employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manage Oil Storage Shed which includes maintaining up to date training to coordinate associated activities, employee access controls, maintaining adequate supplies and proper storage and shipment of waste.
- Oversee and coordinate the Hazardous Waste and Non-hazardous waste operations at the facility.
- Assist with site recycling activities.
- Conduct sampling, inspecting, and other tasks as required under the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure a Plan, Storm water Permit, and Air Permit.
- Assist with business continuity activities including Business Impact Analysis updates, quarterly testing and drills.
- Assist with fire drills, maintaining the fire protection system, and regulatory inspections as required.
- Contractor contact for fire protection/control services, egress/emergency lighting systems, eyewash/safety showers, and annual hoist inspection.
- Help with EHS Training programs and procedures as required.
- Assist with periodic industrial hygiene sampling as needed.
- Follow up on accident investigations as assigned and assists with resultant action items.
- Responsible for the site Emergency Response Team program.
- See EH&S project work through to completion as identified or assigned.
- Perform routine EH&S audits/inspections noting deficiencies. Work with leadership to resolve deficiencies in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 6 months of related experience
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of EH&S applications and databases
- Experinece working in a safety department
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.