Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments located in Newton, NC has an employment opportunity for an Injection Molding Technician on our third shift. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package with this position.
Hours are 10:00 pm - 6:00 am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs color and order changes.
• Performs complete mold changes and set-ups of all molding machinery.
• Prepares all release paperwork including measuring of the product and start-up.
• Responsible for first line visual and dimensional inspection of the product.
• Performs line clearance before starting a new order.
• Troubleshoots product defects, part containment, and other issues during production.
• Responsible for keeping machine cards, orders, mold change reports, and process change sheets updated.
• Works according to safety regulations at all times and reports unsafe conditions immediately.
• Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months to one year related experience and/or training.
• Previous injection molding experience required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database, Inventory, and Manufacturing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• The employee is occasionally required to operate a motorized forklift.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify