Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 3rd shift position, Sunday-Thursday, 11:30 PM - 7:30 AM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze and repair equipment problems involving mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other power sources.
- Ability to analyze basic electrical problems involving PLCs, motion control devices, sensors, and other items.
- Assist engineering functions with process improvements and advanced troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and /or understand blueprints, schematics and standard metric measurements.
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance lists, work orders and inventory of repair parts.
- Transport parts using forklift. Produce metal parts for machine and equipment repairs.
- Ability to set-up mills and lathes and use testing equipment.
- Ability to heat treat parts. Weld parts.
- Maintain a clean and organized area. Assist in maintaining inventory of parts.
- Must have good reading and math skills.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measures, drill press, welders, grinders, torches, and general maintenance tool, etc.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work and communicate well in a team environment
- Must be able to work overtime if needed
- Some heavy lifting required
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must have experience in electrical, control wiring, drives, and PLC.
- Electrical license preferred, but strong electrical background required.
- Welding and fabricating experience required
- Strong mechanical background, with proven skills in reading schematics, PLC, and blueprints.
- Must be able to work in hot/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.