Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand, we are currently seeking a qualified, interested and available Welding Team Lead for a position located in Euless, Texas.
Job Title: Welding Team Lead
General Summary: Under guidance from Operations Supervisor, the Welding Lead will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring, executing all welding activities. Assists in the training and development of departmental personnel to enhance skills, improve responsiveness.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that departmental goals are achieved by communicating established objectives.
- Communicates overall organizational directives. Maximizes employee participation to achieve the desired team approach.
- Ensures that employees are at work on time, actively engaged in their assigned departments and conforming to established safety regulations.
- Ensures that all company policies are followed.
- Provides immediate performance feedback, assisting in short-term resolution of emergency situations (e.g., injuries), safety issues, quality, On Time Performance (OTP), attendance issues, conduct, etc.
- Provides timely feedback to the Operations Supervisor on welding operations, employee performance/conduct and process flow.
- Will need to be able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time and must be able to deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- To support PIP saving project.
- Report out on KPI.
- Assists welders with continuous improvement projects
- Completion of shift reports and change of shift operation to next reliever.
- Coordinate with Production team, Material planning team, quality team, other support functions to achieve daily production goals.
- The ability to be the focal point during Operations Supervisor absences.
High School Diploma.
5 Years minimum of welding experience.
A thorough understanding of ASWD1.1.
Strong knowledge of welding symbols and blueprints
Knowledge – High level of skill and knowledge in welding methodology with demonstrated ability to function in a leadership role.
Skills - Very good interpersonal, communication & people management skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.