Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand, we are currently seeking a qualified, interested and available Shipping Team Lead for a position located in Euless, Texas.
Responsible for shipping coordination. Assists Shipping Supervisor to do site management in shipping area. To ensure all delivery processes (picking, packing, labeling and loading) are completed per procedure and order priority. To provide training and/or guidance to shipping staff as required
JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Allocates tasks to proper shipping operators as per order priority. Utilizes all resources in the shipping area to ensure that all orders are shipped as per customer requested delivery requirement. Ensures that the whole shipping process (picking, packing, labeling, loading, etc.) complies with Andrew specifications and/or customer requirements.
- Responsible overseeing work allocation in the shipping area. Maintains the work site and materials for good housekeeping. Ensures that facility/equipment/tools/ operators work in compliance with safety guidelines.
- Coordinates with Traffic Specialists to execute daily/weekly delivery schedules. Performs customer order audit and checks pending or problem orders. Administers packed on hand (POH) stock and files/manages related shipping documents
- Responsible for organizing training plan with supervisor for all shipping supervisor and for developing team building exercises. May be required to train employees in the shipping area on request.
- Ensures that all daily/weekly preventative maintenance work is completed on time for all equipment including forklift, shrink wrap machine, label printer, scale, etc. Performs safety stock management for all consumable materials including nails, labels, shrink film, wooden blocks, pallets, etc
Types of Decisions
Allocation of daily workload to Shipping staff as per order priority. Determine appropriate types of packing materials for special goods. Determine special loading process to be executed for unique shipment situations.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• One (1) to Three (3) years’ manufacturing / assembly experience required.
• Required skills include ability to understand dimensional drawings and assembly diagrams.
• Good verbal & written communication skills required.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position may regularly be required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.