This job is archived
Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, has an opportunity for a Packing and Interim Warehouse Supervisor. Sarstedt, Inc. offers competitive salary and benefits package with this position.
The Packing and Interim Warehouse Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in packing products and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritizes product to be packed, keeping packing zones organized. Ensures needed supplies are available.
- Assigns task and oversees their consistent and timely execution.
- Coordinates efficient movement of product from manufacturing areas to warehouse, packing or the Logistics Center.
- Occasionally required to fill in for any position in assigned area of responsibility.
- Performs routine audits of the Interim Warehouse to ensure the accuracy of inventory
- Administers company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Actively works to improve processes and increase efficiency across all assigned departments.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work flow problems, or assists workers in solving work flow problems.
- Directly supervises 10-15 employees in the Packing and Warehouse departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able tp perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The require listed below are representative of he knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must have experience operating a pallet jack, walk behind lift and a turrett truck.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American measurements.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word Processing software and AS/400 programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify