Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for an Injection Molding Supervisor. The Injection Molding Supervisor directs and oversees activities of the various production department in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization. This is a 1st and 2nd Shift position. Hours are from 6:00 am – 2:30 pm or 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Trains technical personnel on theoretical/practical injection molding practices, as well as troubleshooting techniques.
• Directs and oversees personnel in various production departments, assigning work priorities as needed.
• Responsible for tracking and forwarding production efficiencies, scrap reduction methods, and cost saving opportunities.
• Administers, documents, and evaluates on the job training.
• Ensures that safety and operating guidelines are being followed at all times and reports any unsafe conditions to the department manager immediately.
• Compiles reports concerning progress of work, downtime due to failures of machines and equipment, and personnel performance.
• Schedules all order, mold, and machine changes as required.
• Investigates and resolves machine problems with assistance from other departments.
• Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
• Directly supervises up to 40 employees in the Injection Molding and Secondary Operations departments.
• May be responsible for occasionally supervising employees in Maintenance, Receiving, and Packing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• One-year certificate in Mechanical or Industrial field from a college or technical school; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in injection molding or plastic technology.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word Processing software, Inventory and Manufacturing software.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
-The Company participates in E-Verify