Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for a qualified, Team Lead, for an opportunity located in Euless, Texas.
Incumbent will be responsible for coordinating activities of employees engaged in processing, manufacturing and/or development of a product.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & JOB DUTIES:
- Inspects materials and products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustment of equipment & machinery. Reviews the production order to ensure the proper items are brought to the line to complete a specific work / production order.
- Recommends measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Identifies and resolves day to day work problems or assist management in solutioning problems.
- Ensures that items produced and packaged meet Quality standards.
- As applicable, interprets engineering specifications, print and disseminate job orders to workers and assigns jobs within the warehouse. Report to managements status of work-related issues and opportunities on an as needed basis.
- Assist team members in performing their duties through training and skill block certification. In collaboration with management, assist with identifying training needs for each team member and assist in training new employees and temporary team members.
- Coordinate the activities of personnel and the training of new and experienced workers in the production environment. Ensure that job items are properly staged.
- Assign personnel to efficiently produce items being built / manufactured. Review the daily work schedule and/or production report to become familiar with work to be accomplished for the day and report any road blocks promptly to management.
- Responsible for housekeeping, safety, and shift communications including removal of material and equipment at the end of a job and validating the counts of returned raw material and defects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED desired.
- Experience coordinating workflow in a manufacturing environment. Previous leadership experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and/or perform all jobs of personnel being assigned. Excellent working knowledge of implementation, documentation and feedback of all required manufacturing and safety criteria.
- Must be detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal & written.
- Must have strong organizational skills with good math & problem-solving ability.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings / documents a plus.
- Computer Literate (i.e. Outlook / Microsoft Office).
- SAP experience a plus
- Welding experience / certification preferred.
- Fabrication experience highly preferred.
- Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position will regularly be required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
- Perform other team lead duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
Planned Working Schedule:
- 5:00pm – 5:00am: Monday – Wednesday every other Thursday.
- Incumbent, with adequate notice, may be required to cover weekend shift(s).
- Incumbent will be required to assist and/or cover for other team leaders during periods of absence (i.e. vacation or other types of approved leave).
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.