This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Operates a forklift. Will use hand trucks as needed, banding equipment, banding materials, packaging materials, nails, lumber for bracing loads, battery removal and charging for the fork lifts. Will use various hand tools.
Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
The duties and responsibilities will cover the most significant duties, but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
- Data entry to generate billing to relieve inventory.
- Reassign (re-park) warehouse locations when needed
- Ability to match orders & billing information.
- Communicate to Distribution Personnel, Customer Service Reps & Production Personnel any information pertaining to active orders.
- Check with coordinator or supervisor as to any special requirements.
- Communicate to CTI and other outside carriers including LTL carriers.
- Must be a Shipper 2 or be proficient in all tasks pertaining to the "Shipper 2" job.
- Must have the ability to maintain workflow to the distribution floor and occasionally be relied on to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a forklift
- Will rework products when needed because of various errors (packaging, sequence order, QC, etc.)
- Assists on inventories
- Has the responsibilities of leadman when the supervisor is not available
- Performs housekeeping duties as required
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
SAP experience preferred
Must be or have been a Shipper 2 or have equivalent related experience
Distribution experience required
Forklift license required
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.