Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The stockroom clerk is responsible for maintaining the stockroom and any items, which may be used in the plant for personal protection, machine repair, cleaning and sanitation, lubrications. Additionally, to receive and issuing these items to the plant floor or support personnel. The items in the stockroom are placed on shelves with heavier items placed strategically for removal. Lighter items are placed on the extremes either lowest or highest. Some shelves are quite high, and ladder is required for getting to these items. Heavier items are moved by hand truck and/or pallet jacks or cherry pickers. The aisles are arranged such that these particular mechanized lifting devices can be used extensively in this department.
Duties & Responsibilies
The stockroom clerk is responsible for the following:
- Maintain stock part levels in all locations.
- Maintain the accuracy of the inventory.
- Generating appropriate purchase requisitions to maintain designated levels.
- Satellite Stock room management, including stocking and inventory levels.
- Inventory cycle counts and reporting.
- Purchased parts goods receipts.
- Working cooperatively with all stockroom clerks to ensure proper handoff between shifts.
- Identify, locate, and issue stockroom items and/or tools to production or maintenance personnel for repair, replacement or other general use in a timely manner.
- Issue hand tools and other supplies to plant personnel.
- General Administrative support, including making name tags, asset identification tags and other signs, as required.
- Responsible for housekeeping in the stock room and satellite locations.
- Gather and kit inventory parts per Maintenance planned work orders. Secure items in designated bins and areas for future use of Maintenance department.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Clerk to establish parts and information for planned work.
- May be asked to perform occassional pickups and deliveries to outside vendors.
Education / Experience / Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Good computer skill required including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification required
- SAP experience preferred
- Previous experience in a maintenance enviornment preferred
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.