Responsible for assisting in the recycling of cable reels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload trucks of returned reel/reel parts.
- Performs manual work of moving cable reels, reel parts and other materials with the use of forklift or manually.
- Inspect parts to determine their usability.
- Scrap cable off used reels to prepare them for recycling.
- Remove flaps and staples from flanges and disassemble to repair parts if necessary.
- Fills out production reports, inventory reports, packing slips and is responsible for their accuracy.
Chisel, hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, grinder, air wrench, air bolt cutter, saws, drills, coiler/scrapper, manual reel roller, forklift, and safety glasses.
Nails, drums, flanges, bolts, hardener, paint thinner, cleaner/degreaser, sandpaper, and packing list.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to drive forklift and operate material handling equipment.