This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Forklift Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our Wire Technology location in Conover, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm. The rate of pay for this position is $14.35 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily checklist on forklift
- Obtain & transport materials to designated areas
- Scan items into JDE system
- Ensure all parts are placed in correct location
- Load and unload materials
- Move trailers in/out of dock doors.
- Order and receive wire, pallets, and all raw material for the plant.
- Send sample of wire to quality control.
- Assist with cycle counts.
- Complete all pertinent paperwork.
- Must have excellent work record and attendance.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have forklift experience, switching experience is preferred.
- Must be able to assist with material handling as needed.
- Must have scanner experience in warehouse operations.
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have good math skills and computer literate.
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of ISO and/or TS16949 requirements and Lean Principles is a plus
- Must be able to read and write fluently.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime if needed.
- Must be able to complete other duties as assigned by management or lead person.