This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Lead Operator IV (1st Shift). This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a (1st Shift) position, Monday- Friday 6:00am-2:00pm. The rate of pay for this position is $17.23 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start-up of equipment where required.
- Analyze and repair problems on machinery and equipment.
- Utilize various tools to repair equipment or build new products used in production.
- All duties and responsibilities of forklift operator.
- Set-up of departmental production areas.
- Generation of tags and production schedules where assigned.
- Management of parts inventory and report to supervisor levels and parts needs.
- Quality inspections and completion of quality records where required.
- Correction of quality issues within department as assigned by supervisor.
- Direction of work force as assigned by supervisor.
- Training of employees as assigned by supervisor
- Perform repair and maintenance activities on equipment as assigned. This may include help from the maintenance department when necessary.
- Record material usage where assigned.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.