This job is archived
The Machine Operator II will be responsible for providing direction to maximize the output of people and material, while motivating team members on a daily basis. As a cell leader, you will be the contact point for all team members. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and technical skills. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals. HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Machine Operator II position at our Bedding facility in Hickory, NC. This is a day shift position (Monday-Thursday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm) – training is currently Mon-Fri 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support team on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Job Knowledge, and Employee Engagement.
- Know how to run all areas of productions and be able Fill in on those production areas as needed.
- Provide cross training metric in Foam/Fiber Areas.
- Promote safety among team members in your department(s) and drive improvement.
- Communication clear instructions to team members and escalate issues to leadership team.
- Delegate tasks, set deadlines, and ensure machine cleanliness and operator.
- Monitoring team’s performance to ensure they meet daily production goals.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and work with management and/or Human Resources to resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
- Demonstrate competency in performing the role of the Machine Operator.
- In-depth knowledge of plant and processes.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure individually and as part of a team.
- Cell leads must also be responsible, calm, and are able to plan and prioritize work and other people’s daily activities.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
Willing to learn how to coach, mentor and treat all team members fairly.