Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Obtain production orders and patterns
- Follow production schedule
- Measure materials – Obtain correct size, weight and type of material based on production orders.
- Lay out multiple layers of material and mark pattern on material.
- Cut material with CNC cutter.
- Material labeling – Appropriately mark and label all material as required
- Record production notes – Complete any necessary production paperwork.
- Quality Checks – Check measurements and quality of all materials.
- Daily cleanliness task of area and tools – Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly workstation.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices.
- Practice proper safety techniques.
- Complete general area maintenance duties
- Follow all procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Material Unloading – Load and unload materials from trailers.
- Material transportation - Transport all finished goods to glue line or designated area.
- Assistance with physical inventory inspection and measurement as required.
- Raw Material control
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal education not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a CNC manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Basic reading and writing skills are necessary
- Basic math skills are necessary (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- This position requires the ability to compile information, analyze information, decision making, problem solving, planning and short term memory and long term memory.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Position requires frequent bending, gripping, standing, twisting and use of senses.
- Position requires regular stretching and reaching.
- Position requires occasional kneeling, walking and crawling.
- Position requires lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds frequently
- See also Job Physical Questionnaire
- Frequently noisy, working with grease, moving objects present, dirty and working alone. Occasionally hot, odors present, dusty and crowded.
- The temperature in this work area may be in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, during the summer months.
- Overtime is required when necessary. Overtime is dependent upon production demands. The starting time or ending time of the shift as well as days of the week working may vary depending upon overtime requirements.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.