Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Auto Press Operator III, 2nd Shift. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday- Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm. The rate of pay for this position is $14.85 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibiliies
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Utilize various tools to remove and set dies into press #97 .This may require help from lift driver.
- Load steel into uncoils with electric winch.
- Adjust metal fed to length required by part number.
- Run press in automatic or manual mode.
- Perform part quality inspections using appropriate measuring devices or gages.
- Read blue print.
- Record inspection results on quality record.
- Stop press and adjust or advise Supervisor/Lead to quality issues.
- Track and record downtime of press during production run.
- Attach labels to product produced.
- Record part number and production quantities on Production Record/Scan sheet.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Perform repair and maintenance activities on equipment as assigned. This may include help from the maintenance department when necessary.
- Empty slug buckets or containers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. .
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality issues to supervisor, lead, and tool and die personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate mechanical issues to maintenance personnel.
- Ability to record quality and production information on records.
- Ability to read print and using measurement tools, effectively evaluate part for conformity.
- Ability to read instructions for operation, gauging, or other instructions needed for job.