Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Lead Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 1 year previous manufacturing experience, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and possess strong mechanical knowledge. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is based out of our HSM Transportation Plant in New Washington, OH. Shift hours are 6:00am - 4:30pm. The rate of pay for this position is $20.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Insure operator safety at all times.
- Participate, plan and implement safety improvements in operation of machinery and processes within the department and plant.
- Insure department quality.
- Quality inspections and completion of quality records where required including scrap documentation.
- Work with quality personnel to develop and improve operator work instructions.
- Insure department productivity
- Direction of work force as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Keep track of completions and earned labor throughout the shift against actual hours worked for optimum labor efficiency. Insure accuracy and documentation of operator production reporting utilizing the production reporting form.
- Must demonstrate ability to operate all machines within the department at a minimum of 90% efficiency.
- Responsible for training operators to achieve and maintain minimum required performance levels.
- Responsible for updating the department supervisor on operator performance levels.
- Efficiency production rates (actual production rates versus target rates)
- Quality (rejects and scrap)
- Machine down time
- Perform preventive maintenance and minor repair activities on all department equipment. This may include participation and coordination with the maintenance and tooling departments.
- Layout raw materials and work in process according to the daily build schedule to minimize machine set up and efficient work flow through the production process to meet due dates.
- Balance work flow. Minimize production constraints.
- Insure accuracy and maintain established levels of raw material and finished goods inventory.
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Ability to learn and understand JDE manufacturing resource planning system a plus.
- Familiarity with MS Office products; Outlook, Excel and Word software is preferred and required. On the job training will be provided to achieve this skill set if necessary