Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator- Wire Drawing. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our Wire Technology location in Conover, NC. This is a day shift position (Rotating 12-hour shift – 6:00AM to 6:00PM). The rate of pay for this position is $16.75 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check with lead person at beginning of shift to determine the production schedule.
- Set-up and maintain wire drawing machines according to production schedule and quality standards – making minor adjustments as necessary.
- Load rod coils on to drawing machine payoffs.
- Operator and run machine to produce a finished product.
- Perform quality inspections on regular basis throughout shift.
- At end of each run, generate inventory finish ticker and related paperwork.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Maintain good safety practices.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record
- Must have machine experience.
- Must be able to work/communicate well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Must be able to work in cold/hot temperature
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs or more
- Knowledge of Wire Drawing operation is preferred.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience preferred