HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Automatic Press Operator position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday – 3:30pm-11:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes various tools to remove old die and set up new die.
- Measures die height and adjusts ram to correct sheet height.
- Uses 5 ton overhead crane to lower steel onto cradle and make adjustments in width.
- Sets width and adjusts progression on automatic press to insure proper feed of material through die.
- Adjusts lubricant sprays for proper die coverage to adjust stock guides.
- Cycle press. Must understand and make adjustments to timing of press.
- Perform daily safety checklist and inform maintenance of any issues.
- Maintain a safe operation
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to count and do simple math skills.
- Some press experience, CNC, or mechanical background is preferred.
- Must have forklift experience.
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measures, crane, gauges, and other various general hand tools.