This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Cell Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our HSM Metal location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a 1st shift position, Monday - Friday, 4:00AM to 12:00PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Manually load and unload part to dies/machinery (Parts weigh up 25 lbs.)
- Adjust guides to length required by part number.
- Perform part quality inspections using appropriate measuring devices or gages.
- Perform basic math to adjust equipment and read blue prints
- Record inspection results on quality record.
- Stop machinery to adjust or advise Supervisor/Lead to quality issues.
- Track and record downtime of press during production run.
- Attach labels to product produced.
- Record part number and production quantities on Production Record/Scan sheet.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks necessary to maintain equipment, such as oiling, greasing, or preventative maintenance activities.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Assist other members of production as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality issues to supervisor, lead and tool and die personnel.
- Ability to record quality and production information on records.
- Ability to read print and using measurement tools, effectively evaluate parts for conformity.
- Ability to read instructions for operation, gauging, or other instructions needed for job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.