Our fast-growing, fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 2+ years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail and is committed to workplace safety. This is a weekend day shift position (Fri – Sunday – 6:00 am – 6:00 pm). Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine set-up to start a production cycle.
- Operate and monitor multiple pieces of equipment to ensure Quality, Production, and minimal unplanned stops.
- Control and adjust machine settings.
- Material labeling/stenciling.
- Feed raw material or parts into machines.
- Conduct preventative and autonomous responsibilities of the machines including cleaning, lubricating, and inspecting for defects.
- Record production notes – complete any necessary production paperwork.
- Inspect parts with measuring tools.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal waster time and materials.
- Assist machine operators to improve quality and machine uptime.
Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing, or a technical degree is a plus.
- Analytical and machine troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
Must be able to meet production requirements