HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Assembler-Paint Line Operator position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 3:30pm-11:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain parts from bins and place on cart or rack as necessary. Pick up more or less parts to vary the weight from ½ to 50 pounds.
- Obtain parts from cart/rack and hang them onto the paint line.
- Place spacers between production orders
- Perform in process check, both visual and functional.
- Direct forklift driver to set bins of parts on designated racks.
- Count parts.
- Make and date boxes
- Take inventory
- Train other employees as Paint Line Operator
- Maintain safe operation
- Must be able to count and do simple math.
- Production assembly experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work in other areas of the department
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally