This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Tumbler Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:30am-3:30pm). Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload media tumbler by hand – parts may weigh up to 10lbs
- Load large tumbler
- Visually inspect samples to insure burrs are removed
- Attach labels to product produced
- Record part number and production quantities on Production Record/Scan Sheet
- Deliver parts to home department with forklift
- Perform basic maintenance tasks necessary to maintain equipment including oiling, greasing and preventative maintenance activities.
- Must be able to use scanner
- Must be able to operate fork lift
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must be able to write well.
- Must be able to count and do simple math
- Must be able to use scanners, grinders, drill presses, small hand tools such as hammers, pliers, etc.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.