This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Lead Operator (1st Shift) Hiddenite. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
The Team Lead will be responsible for providing direction to maximize the output of people and material, while motivating team members on a daily basis. As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, you must have good computer skills and excellent communication. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support team on Safety, Quality, Productivity, Job Knowledge, and Employee Engagement.
- Know how to run all areas of productions and be able Fill in on those production areas as needed
- Provide cross training metric in Glue/Fibers Areas.
- Promote safety among team members in your department(s) and drive improvement
- Encompass output, inventory loss, and labor expense within area.
- Meet monthly about performance pertaining to Foam/ Fiber Department and drive areas of improvement
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Communication clear instructions to team members
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operation in Glue/Fiber Department.
- Provide any training that team members need. Then, monitor team members’ participation to ensure the training they are being provided is being put into use, and also to see if any additional training is needed.
- Monitoring team’s performance to ensure they meet daily production goals.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and work with management and/or Human Resources to resolve any issues or conflicts
- Order materials needed for all cutting areas.
- Proven work experience as a team leader.
- In-depth knowledge of plant and processes
- Preferred above average computer skills, knowledge of JDE and Microsoft applications a plus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure individually and as part of a team.
- Team leads must also be responsible, calm, and are able to plan and prioritize work and other people’s daily activities.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Understand how to coach, mentor and treat all team members fairly
- Understand and have the ability to drive continuous improvement
- Decision-making skills