This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Baler (1st Shift) Hiddenite. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull buggies of scrap to the baler.
- Load scrap onto conveyer
- Tie off full bales with wire.
- Removal of bales must be with forklift following written procedures.
- Weigh the bales, tag bales and move to storage area, log weight onto weight sheet.
- Place baling wire in machine to start the bale process after removing finished bale.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Pull patterns for hand cutters using orders obtained from Lead place on racks per orders than rehang patterns when cutters are finished with them.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to regularly walk, stand, and reach.
- Must be able to complete other duties assigned by management