Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our Wire Technology location in Conover, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday- Friday 7:00am - 3:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1st operator--Take box off pallet and put on line
- Take bouncy coils off line and put into box and send down line stack.
- 2nd Operator-Checks bouncy coils, stamps box, labels box, shuts box and sends through tape machine
- Also unloads bouncy chain and places bouncy on pallet for palletized, stacking of pallets at loads. Carries pallets at floor level to area and forklift removes full pallets
- 3rd operator—Use air hoist or self to move boxes from line to pallet but also helps 1st and 2nd operator
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to simple math (i.e. – count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure, calipers, or micrometer.
- Some production assembly experience is preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.