HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Blower Operator position at our Lenoir location in Lenoir, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday – 3:00 pm- 11:00 pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull bags of fiber and/or feathers into the feather room.
- Fill loading bin with proper raw materials, according to the shop copy order form.
- Obtain the proper covers to be stuffed.
- Hold covers in the proper position and activate equipment, allowing raw materials to fill cover.
- Weigh the cushion and adjust to match the order.
- Move cushions to the sewers/enclosers.
- Check quality for correct weight and specs.
- Keep area clean and free of debris
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply) and use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand orders, spec sheets, and scales.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.