Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Molder Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 2+ years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our in High Point, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM). Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Other duties may be assigned:
- Heat molds to proper temperature.
- Check steam line and valves for proper operation.
- Check (zero out) and maintain scales for proper operation.
- Check molds for broken welds and make sure clamps are adjusted properly.
- Weigh foam for proper shot weight for each mold and place in mold.
- Check first part off for correct density and dimensions. Adjust next shot if necessary.
- Check parts visually for defects and correct the problem.
- Remove all dry foam from lid and cavity(s) of molds.
- Wax and clean molds when needed.
- Clean work area and shut down carousel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat.