HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the 2nd shift 3:00 pm-11:00 pm Densifier Operator at our PTI plant in Hickory NC. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reprocess scrap foam, and put an identification label on Gaylord. Material is then move to staging point
- Reprocess hard plastic from extruder through shredder
- Weigh material and print a JDE label and place on Gaylord
- Perform clean out on densifier.
- Reprocess hard scrap material using the shredder this material is then process using the densifier.
- Communicate with supervisor before reprocessing material to ensure proper material is being processed.
- Work on packing line when work is caught up or if manpower is needed
- Perform housekeeping upon completion of shift.
- Perform administrative duties that pertain to job.
- Must to perform all requirements establish for packagers.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Must understand Lockout/Tagout
- Must be able to read and understand verbal and written instructions
- All safety procedures must be followed/PPE etc…
- Face shield or safety glasses, gloves – Required
- Ensure all customer requirements are met
- Ensure material is properly staged
- Must be able to use tape guns, utility knife, hammer, chisel, Sawsall
- Must possess minimal math skills
- Must be able to work in extreme cold or hot temperatures
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds