HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Band Saw Operator position at our Lenoir facility in Lenoir, NC. This is a 3rd shift position (Sunday-Thursday 11:00 pm-7:00 am). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain orders from Dept. Coordinator or Lead Person
- Align work in process bun on machine to be cut.
- Remove any top skin/sheets not necessary for order requirements.
- Start machine, checking for accuracy before cutting.
- Mark order complete and off load to next operation.
- Set Band Saw for next bun and repeat procedure.
- Cut roll poly to correct widths per customer requirements than tie and stack on buggy to take to shipping.
- Cut foam to correct sizes and wedge per customer requirements using tilt band saw mark and take to shipping.
- Using the Contour cutter will cut blocks of foam off the band saw to shape per contour pattern if needed hand cut to shape.
- Change blade and perform daily maintenance when required.
- Assist in inventory.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and write on production sheets.
- Must be able to perform simple math (i.e. – counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing).
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- You must be able to work overtime as needed.
Foam manufacturing or foam fabrication experience is preferred.