Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Slitter Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Lenoir Plant in Lenoir, NC. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain orders from lead person and check to see if orders have been nested.
- Obtain correct size, weight, type of fiber and patterns based on orders.
- Load and unload fiber as needed off fiber trailer.
- Input work orders into computer.
- Check cutting head to correspond to material and start cutting process.
- Remove cut pieces from belt and place scrap into plastic bag.
- Mark stacks of fiber per orders
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in shipping area
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and scale.
- Must be able to pull, push, and lift bales of fiber.
- Must be able to read, write, and complete production sheets after each order.
- Must be able to work over time if needed.
- Must have computer skills.
- Prior Slitter experience is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.