HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Slitter Operator position at our Verona MS Facility. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:00am-3:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain orders from lead person and check to see if orders have been nested.
- Obtain correct size, weight, type of fiber and patterns based on orders.
- Load and unload fiber as needed off fiber trailer.
- Input work orders into computer.
- Check cutting head to correspond to material and start cutting process.
- Remove cut pieces from belt and place scrap into plastic bag.
- Mark stacks of fiber per orders
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in shipping area
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and scale.
- Must be able to pull, push, and lift bales of fiber.
- Must be able to read, write, and complete production sheets after each order.
- Must be able to work over time if needed.
- Must have computer skills.
- Prior Slitter experience is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
High School diploma or GED