The Machinist position applies knowledge of tool and die design, construction, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout to fabrication through the process of CNC operation.This is (1) open job for 2nd shift : M – F from 2pm -10pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Calculates dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Directly supports Journeyman Tool & Die Makers as needed.
- Perform shim and sharpen activities to dies as directed by Journeyman Tool & Die Makers.
- Using manual metal working machines to cut and square material
- Fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Stamping die PM.
- Stamping die repair.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of the part.
- Maintain equipment through preventative maintenance.
- Other duties as required.
- Set up Bridgeport type machines and operate
- Read and interpret technical drawings including tolerancing
- Understand and use measuring tools such micrometers, calipers, tape measure, etc,…
- Set up and operate surface grinders
- Set up and operate a cut off saw and band saw.
- Set up and operate drill press
- Set up and operate lathe
- Set up and operate heat treat oven
- Computer navigation and knowledge of common office software like Microsoft Office prducts.
Create G-code using CAM software (Esprit) necessary to program CNC machines
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Vocational/Technical or Higher education course work in the applied sciences preferred but not required
• Associates Degree in Applied Science, Mechanical preferred but not required
- Four to six years of related experience and/or training: or, an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Experience preferred but not required for entry level position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to talk, hear, see and use hands/fingers to handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly walk or stand for long periods of time for up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to regularly bend, stoop, climb, crawl or kneel.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force regularly and occasionally up to 100 pounds to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. If greater than 50 lbs, will require assistance or the use of lifting equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Machine shop and manufacturing facility with occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level is moderate and occasionally high. While performing the job functions of this position, the employee will work with machine shop equipment, forklifts and occasionally near punch presses. Use of Person Protective Equipment is required when in the plant.