HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Tube Bender Operator position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday 3:30-11:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend metal tube to specifications.
- Fabricate directly from drawings or samples.
- Select all layouts or check fixtures.
- Select all tools, dies, and gauge requirements.
- Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and check fixtures.
- Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
- Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
- Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
- Perform first piece inspection and communicate problems as needed.
- Operate hoist, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
- Communicate with other departments as necessary.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety policies.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A minimum of one-year experience in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
- Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, blueprints and process sheets.
- Fork lift certified.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
- Logical troubleshooting skills.
- Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 8 hours/day.
- The employee must carry, push or pull up to 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection and appropriate protective clothing.