Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Hand Cutter - Cloth. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Lenoir Plant in Lenoir, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain work order from coordinator/lead person, then obtain proper material and patterns from designated areas.
- Unload and load cloth as needed off table.
- Turn saw on and cut the drawn pattern.
- Cut the saw off when the primary hand is not in contact, and in complete control of the saw handle.
- Remove scrap from table and place it in the plastic bag or use for next patterns, if enough cloth is left.
- Count number of pieces, label, and send product to designated areas, marking off completed parts off orders as they are completed.
- Remove remaining rolled cloth, label and place in designated area.
- Replace blades in saw as need.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Keep area clean and free of debris or hazards.
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain correct size, weight, and type of cloth.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply) and use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand orders.
- Must be able to lay patterns on cloth and mark material usage.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Experience in cutting foam, fiber, or cloth is preferred.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.