HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Bouncy Operator position at our Spring Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday to Friday 3pm-11pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect machine and hand tools for Safety hazards and guards in place and closed
- Make sure switches are set to correct position for automatic operation
- Sit down or stand at machine
- Turn reel on and machine on
- Use right hand to retrieve part from machine
- Grab part with left hand and place in coils of determined count usually (10)
- Use left hand to move coil out of the way
- Continue with machine operation
- Grab part with left hand and place in coils of 10 into stack. No more than ¼ Box per stack
- Using left arm push completed stack of coils to edge of table for materials handler
- Stop machine with at least 1 and a 1/2 turn of wire still on reel.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to simple math (i.e. – count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure, calipers, or micrometer.
- Some production assembly experience is preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.