Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Blower Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull bags of fiber and/or feathers into the feather room.
- Fill loading bin with proper raw materials, according to the shop copy order form.
- Obtain the proper covers to be stuffed.
- Hold covers in the proper position and activate equipment, allowing raw materials to fill cover.
- Weigh the cushion and adjust to match the order.
- Move cushions to the sewers/encloser.
- Check quality for correct weight and specs.
- Keep area clean and free of debris
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply) and use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand orders, spec sheets, and scales.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.